Seven Changes to Google Search
- Elimination of the 7-Pack Google Map listing
- Ranking algorithm for local listings have been updated
- Google Places pages have greater visibility in new search result layout
- Local results surrounded by more information like including 3rd party review sites
- Information is grouped conveniently to make it easier to digest and compare
- New link for "Places" in the left-hand panel of the search results page so you can switch to these results whenever you want
- Google map now on the right side above the paid search listings, which scrolls as you scroll down the page
Google is Building in Local Web Intelligence
A Google Place Search result will begin appearing automatically on Google when they predict you're looking for local information. Their goal is make it faster and easier for searchers to find the local information they are looking for that will ultimately help them decide where they want to go. For example, if you live in Raleigh, NC and you are searching a Raleigh roofing company or a public golf course in the Raleigh-Durham area the results should be better at producing search results that are more relevant for you location.
What this Means for Local Businesses in Raleigh-Durham, NC
If you are a business doing business locally and are search engine optimizing your products and services using local Raleigh area keywords, the new Google Places Search will definitely impact how your business offerings appear in the organic listings. It is important for you to be well educated on the changes being made by Google. Local businesses must understand what they need to do to ensure their local listing is optimized effectively. Doing it right can have a very positive impact for local businesses.
Special Webinar: How Google's New "Place Search" Feature Impacts Your Business - Learn to Stay Competitive
- Date: Tuesday, November 23, 2010
- Time: 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM EST
- Register: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/635863608