LinkedIn provides excellent resources for >keyword rich SEO link building>. Unfortunately few companies leverage this tool on their employees LinkedIn pages. Many employees leave the link blank and completely waste the opportunity to build high-value search engine optimization (SEO) friendly company links.
Even when the link is added many leave the link text as “Our Company.” It’s a start. At least you have the link to your company. However, search engines love keyword rich links. For example on my LinkedIn account (>http://www.linkedin.com/in/doncrouse>) I have links titled “WSI – Internet Marketing” and “Pay-Per-Click Search Marketing.” Both text links have keywords important to my industry,
Here are directions you can pass to company employees to build keyword rich links to your business website:
- Log in or register on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com
- Go to your profile page and select "Edit Profile."
- Scroll down to the line titled "Additional Information: websites" and select other from the first drop down box
- Do not select "My Company"
- In the box next to "other" type in a keyword phrase related to your company
- In the box directly bellow "other" type in http://www.yourcompany.com
- Scroll down to the bottom and click "Save Changes."
- Test the new keyword text link on your profile to make sure it is set up properly.