- The sights, colors, sounds and graphics offered by video truly have a positive impact. The combination of visual and audio elements as found in videos leads to recall of 50% of delivered information versus only 10% recall of information that is read.
Video can provide a big boost in your website search engine optimization (SEO) efforts
- Videos can be optimized to show up in the search engines for keywords critical to your business success. The Forrester Group says videos are 50x more likely to be on page one of Google and other search engines as compared to other materials found on the Internet.
Web videos are affordable to develop and offer more flexibility than TV ads
- The price of developing an online marketing video is comparable to producing a local cable television commercial. However, with web videos you don’t have to buy the expensive impression-based airtime. Web videos are not restricted to 30 seconds so you can tell a better story about your business.
Internet videos do not require interrupting your target audience
- Watching television is a passive activity. Viewers are not actively seeking your business and they must be interrupted to hear your message. When you advertise on TV you are hoping some small percentage of viewers watch your ad need your offerings. Even if they are interested they probably go to the Internet to see what you are all about. If they don’t find you they’ll use your competition.
- A well-produced and optimized web video can more effectively communicate your message because the average viewer is far more interested in hearing your message. With the internet they are actually looking for your service or product. If somebody searches for “Dog Boarding Raleigh NC” they are probably very interested in finding dog boarding services in Raleigh, NC.
Web videos can be used and promoted in many different ways
- Your business video can be placed on your website. Your video can be optimized with your business key words and descriptions to improve your SEO efforts.
- In addition to your website, your video can be distributed via your social media network, in email links to potential clients and on other popular websites like Google Maps.
An unprofessional video on your website can hurt your brand image
- A poorly produced business video creates a poor image of your business. Just like misspelled words in a brochure reflect poorly on a business, the same is true if you have bad lighting, sound, or composition in your commercial web video. Professional editing is critical to creating a video with a professional image. Selecting the right scene transitions, perfect timing, and well-placed, appropriate music make all the difference. This is your online image, you want your video to be dynamic and captivating!